AirPlay not working on a Samsung TV ? (Try These Tips)
We've discussed the potential causes of the issue and provided some easy methods you can try to help fix it.
Different methods of resolving AirPlay Not Working on Samsung TV includes:
- Check Internet Connection: AirPlay requires an active internet connection, so the first step is to check that the internet connection is stable and working correctly.
- Update TV Software: Make sure that the TV software is up-to-date by going to the “settings” menu and selecting “software update”.
- Check AirPlay Settings: Go to the “settings” menu and make sure that “AirPlay” is enabled.
- Check HDMI Connection: Check the HDMI connection between the Apple device and the Samsung TV to make sure it is secure.
- Check Screen Resolution: Make sure the resolution of the TV and the Apple device match.
- Restart Apple Device: Restart the Apple device by pressing and holding the power button for a few seconds.
- Restart Samsung TV: Turn off the Samsung TV and turn it back on again.
- Reset Network Settings: Reset the network settings on the Apple device by going to “settings” and “general” and then tapping “reset”.
- Restart Home Router: Restart the home router by unplugging it for a few seconds and then plugging it back in.
- Check for Interference: Check for any possible sources of interference in the area (such as another wireless device).
Hopefully, one of these steps will help you get AirPlay working properly on your Samsung TV. Good luck!